- I-9 Hook (5.5 mm)
- Various Worsted Weight Yarns (I used scraps)
- Ch 10, join into a loop with a slip stitch.
- Ch 4, counts as first treble crochet stitch for first petal. For next treble crochet, work as you would a regular treble crochet, but do not pull through last loop. Continue this for next 2 stitches then pull through all 4 loops on hook. Ch 4, then begin next petal with a treble crochet, not pulling through the last loop. Complete 3 more treble crochet in this way then pull through all 5 loops on hook. Continue for next 6 petals, for a total of 8 petals. Ch 4 and slip stitch into top of starting ch. Finish off and change color. You may change color at any end of the row you choose.
- With new color, attach with a slip stitch to ch 4 space. (Ch 3, 2 dc) in first ch 4 space. *Ch 1, then 3 dc, ch 3, then 3 dc in same ch 4 space. In next ch 4 space, ch 1 then 3 dc. Repeat around and end with ch 2 then slip stitch into top of the starting ch.
- Continue like a normal granny square, changing colors when you choose: slip stitch to first ch 1 space, 3 dc in each ch 1 space, and in each ch 3 space (corner), 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc.
- Border: ch 1, sc in each stitch around and into each ch 1 space, 5 sc in each ch 3 space (corner). Slip stitch into ch 1. Ch 1 and sc into each stitch around, with 3 sc into each corner stitch.
Thanks for looking!